Monday, March 29, 2010

Tenkara Revealed on Boulder Creek

   On  Wednesday, April 14, at the  stroke of twelve noon, on Boulder Creek, at the  Public Library south parking lot, off Arapahoe, between the two bridges, I shall show, demonstrate, and allow casting with the fabulous Japanese Tenkara rig. Do come by for a moment of your lunch hour, and have a look at something at once new and  refreshing, yet ancient and comforting-- this astonishing  method of fishing the fly on smaller waters for fish under a pound.
   Weather permitting, of course. If it's bad, I shall sulk at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to complete report on mechanics, benefits and limitations you now perceive in Tenkara.

Vol. 12, no. 1, BCA, slightly went into politics and current events, in a way that prior BCAs have not. I am wondering whether something is lost if I am not left to guess where your sentiments would take you or me, in translating the angling life into modern life and the Zeitgeist.

See you soon.

MWR

Kathleen said...

Wish I could be there.

Anders Halverson said...

I'll be there.
-Anders

Post a Comment